1) OVERVIEW STATEMENT
To provide all students with the understanding, thinking and practical skills to design and make products using a wide range of materials that will solve problems and improve the lives of all of us.
2) PROGRAMMES OF STUDY – click below:-
Throughout KS3, students follow a rotational structure. In our rotations, all of Year 7 will follow a common unit of work for half of one term to introduce them to the subject. This is then followed by term long units in each of the different subject areas.
D&T Exam boards:
AQA GCSE Product Design 8552
AQA GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition 8585
AQA GCSE Textiles 4570
AQA A-Level Design and Technology: Product Design 2550 (current Year 13)
AQA A-Level Design and Technology: Product Design 7562 (current Year 12)
Enrichment: There is a Technology Club that runs every Monday after school for all students in Year 7, 8 and 9 from 3.45pm until 4.45pm. All students are welcome. Students will complete a range of design and make tasks.
How to support your child:
- Watch a cookery programmes with them on television to gain a greater insight into the different techniques used in cooking as well as different ingredients.
- Go to the supermarket so that your child gains a better understanding about the origins, range and prices of different ingredients
- Accompany your child to the V&A and Design Museum to get a better appreciation for modern products, fashion and the way in which textiles are used in our everyday lives.
- Encourage your child to think of a range of solutions to design problems (not just one).
- Encourage your child to draw at home so that they are able to improve their drawing skills and the way they are able to communicate their design ideas to others
For further information contact: Mr Amandeep Chana, Subject Leader
E-mail: ASChana@Lampton.org.uk Tel: 020 8538 4769